Friday, March 26, 2010

First Post

Well, I've been told that I'm quite a passionate Leafs' fan, to say the least, and that I'd make a good sports blogger. So I figure, what the hell? Why not give it a shot, right?

So where to begin? It's nearing the end of the 09/10 NHL season, and it feels absolutely awful to be a Leafs' fan. They're dead last in the Eastern Conference, and things might not look so grim if they were contenders for that number one draft pick. But hey, guess who's got their lucky hands on their picks? Boston, and why is that dear sports fans? Yet another trade from those lovable folks in Leafs' management to rebuild the team while, guess what, trading away draft picks.

How do I feel? Well, I think I made it pretty clear. I'm not a fan of the American, Euro-phobics in charge, mostly Burke and Wilson. I think letting Pat Quinn go as both GM and Head Coach was one of the stupidest decisions they've made so far, as well as letting the inexperienced, and quite naive, John Ferguson Junior run the team. Going this long without a captain can only destroy a team's unity and relationships in the locker room. Who do they possibly turn to for leadership? Beats me.

Anyways, this is just a starter. Expect lots of rants, naive hopefulness, and pleas to get Nik Antropov back on the team. (What can I say? I love the guy!)

Cheers fellow hockey fanatics.

2 comments: